What say you, nanog re: Starlink vs 5G?

Crist Clark cjc+nanog at pumpky.net
Fri Jun 24 21:23:31 UTC 2022

A decade ago I recall Globalstar, yet another LEO phone service, had been
trying to work out a partnership with a terrestrial carrier that could use
their spectrum allotment. It was purely a business move. Nothing technical
about it. Spectrum is valuable, and they were trying to find a way to
monetize it while still staying in the rules, or at least a plausible
argument that they were following the rules.