What say you, nanog re: Starlink vs 5G?

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 17:23:29 UTC 2022

On Fri, Jun 24, 2022 at 10:06 AM Chris Wright
<chris.wright at commnetbroadband.com> wrote:

> The term "5G" among technical circles started vague, became better defined over the course of several years, and is becoming vague again. This nuance was never well understood in the public eye, nor by mass publications like CNN. This is a battle for 12GHz, not 5G.

I second that. I will try to use that last sentence if I have to get
involved that fight. Elsewhere, though, I do wish that starlink would
adopt
an fq_codel derived algorithm on the dishy and headends to smooth out
the wildly variable latencies some.

https://www.phoronix.com/forums/forum/phoronix/latest-phoronix-articles/1330193-spacex-starlink-internet-experience-performance/page5

--
FQ World Domination pending: https://blog.cerowrt.org/post/state_of_fq_codel/