No subject

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Tue Jun 21 18:42:35 UTC 2022

On Mon, Jun 20, 2022 at 6:55 AM Glenn Kelley
<glenn at connectivity.engineer> wrote:
> What is everyone's favorite software for running a looking glass.
>
> A friend asked me this over the weekend - and while there are others available on the internet to use - it would be helpful for them to run one within their own network.
>
> It has been a while since i have played setting one up so figured might as well ask

Hi Glenn,

I don't know if there are any packaged solutions but it would be a
day's work to write a web interface which scrubs the user input and
then shells out to traceroute, ping and vtysh (from Quagga or FRR)
respectively. The latter gives you BGP checks with Cisco-like commands
and output. Just run it on the same machine so you don't have to
directly access your router.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

--