Dell Enterprise OS10 'aaa authorization'

Drew Weaver drew.weaver at thenap.com
Mon Jun 20 18:11:46 UTC 2022

Hello,

Happy holiday.

I am sure that I will eventually figure this out on my own but if anyone has already gone through the effort to figure it out I would appreciate any notes you can give me.

I am using tac_plus to AAA against a S5248F-ON running Dell OS10E 10.5.0.1P1

I noticed that when configuring this switch I see:

5248(config)# aaa
  accounting       Configure AAA accounting
  authentication   To configure AAA Authentication

There doesn't appear to be any understanding of the authorization mechanism (you know, to control which commands users can run once they connect to the device).

Does anyone off-hand know how you configure the authorization mechanism in OS10E?

If for whatever reason this is impossible, how did you create a user that can *only* do what is required by RANCID to back up the configuration on these devices?

Thanks,
-Drew