Scanning the Internet for Vulnerabilities

Carsten Bormann cabo at tzi.org
Mon Jun 20 12:47:27 UTC 2022

J.,

> On 2022-06-20, at 14:14, J. Hellenthal <jhellenthal at dataix.net> wrote:
>
> Yeah that's another thing, "research" cause you need to learn it let's have them do it too, multiply that by every university \o/

there was some actual research involved.

I agree that there should be a very good reason to expend a tiny bit of everyone’s resources on this.

I do not agree that this externality makes any research in this space unethical.

You signed up for this when you joined the Internet (er, stuck with the IPv4 Internet, I should probably say).

Grüße, Carsten