irrd or ...?

Rubens Kuhl rubensk at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 17:51:48 UTC 2022

On Sat, Jun 18, 2022 at 2:37 PM Randy Bush <randy at psg.com> wrote:

> i have been running irrd for some years.  am about to dump that
> (virtual) server and move from freebsd to bullseye.  is there
> anything more modern, and _simpler_, than irrd at which i should
> take a look?

While IRRd4 fails the simpler criteria, it passes the more modern
criteria of your question. And since both irrd-legacy and RWS (RIPE)
seem to not be maintained, I believe it to be the only code that can
be labeled as modern.

What I can say from the experience of running TC IRR (32k objects) is
that you need lots of RAM and vCPUs, much more than IRRd 2.9/3.x.
https://github.com/irrdnet/irrd

Rubens