Serious Juniper Hardware EoL Announcements

Matthew Petach mpetach at netflight.com
Tue Jun 14 19:00:07 UTC 2022

On Tue, Jun 14, 2022 at 9:38 AM Adam Thompson <athompson at merlin.mb.ca>
wrote:

> [Not specific to the Juniper EoLs...]
>
> I sort of agree with Mark:
>
> I've been sampling a fairly wide variety of sources in various parts of
> the global supply chain, and my synthesis of what they're saying is that we
> probably won't *consistently* have the ready availability of "stuff" (both
> electronic and not) we had pre-pandemic, for the rest of my career
> (10-15yrs), and maybe not in the lifetimes of anyone reading this today,
> either.

For those who may have forgotten:

https://cacm.acm.org/news/257742-german-factory-fire-could-worsen-global-chip-shortage/fulltext

That was the *sole* supplier of extreme ultraviolet lithography machines
for every major chip manufacturer on the planet.

Chip shortages will only get worse for the next several years.  The light
at the end of the tunnel is unfortunately *not* coming from an ultraviolet
lithography machine.  :(

Matt