Serious Juniper Hardware EoL Announcements

Mark Tinka mark at tinka.africa
Tue Jun 14 16:18:33 UTC 2022

On 6/14/22 18:06, JASON BOTHE via NANOG wrote:

> Saw this coming a mile away. With chips and technology progressing despite ability to manufacture, I’m certain many are going to do this.

All this will do is keep these boxes off the open market, which will
simply bump up open market prices, with no incentive for the majority of
folk to buy directly from the OEM.

I suspect supply chain will improve within the next 12 months, but then
regress and hit a massive crunch from around Q4'23 onward. How long for,
I can't say...

Mark.