[Story] When IPv6 Fixes IPv4 Peering Issues

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Mon Jun 13 18:39:23 UTC 2022

so v6 is the new oob.  love it.  actually, have actually used it as
such.  saved the day.  of course, using v4 trnsport to help debug v6 is
far more common.

> This is great to hear.  I know that many things will operate better in
> IPv6 land vs IPv4 land as in IPv4 land there’s a lot of port-based
> filtering that happens in networks which isn’t the same in IPv6-land.

uh, is this good news?  seeing that v6 often goes directly through to
end hosts, as opposed to being natted, (think soho and home cpe), isn't
port checking even more desirable?

randy