Aftermarket switches that were manufactured in any sort of quantity?

Drew Weaver drew.weaver at thenap.com
Thu Jun 9 16:41:42 UTC 2022

Hello,

We had been purchasing some used 48 port 10000BaseT switches /w 6x QSFP28 ports for around $3000 until about 2021.

In 2021 the aftermarket pricing went from $3,000 each to $15,000 each.

Now these particular switches are selling for $20,000 each (and people are still buying them[?]...)

Obviously I cannot pay $20k for a used switch so I am trying to find alternatives that perhaps aren't as rare.

I'm trying to determine whether this pricing is just based on the model I am trying to buy or if it is basically every switch from every MFG.

Just trying to see if anyone else has had any luck getting any hardware at around a fair price lately?

I'm aware of the macro-economic environment, inflation, chip shortages, etc.. Just looking for another option.

Thanks,
-Drew