FCC proposes higher speed goals (100/20 Mbps) for USF providers

Eric Kuhnke eric.kuhnke at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 00:15:47 UTC 2022

At this point I don't think we can reasonably expect something like an
online purchased game from the Microsoft store for somebody's new Xbox
Series X to *not* be a 150GB download. There's a number of games out there
like that. And if people only have 25 to 50Mbps downstream they absolutely
will complain that it takes way too long.

We may not conceptually agree with it but that is certainly what the game
developers are doing and publishing.