[EXTERNAL] Re: FCC proposes higher speed goals (100/20 Mbps) for USF providers

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 16:18:02 UTC 2022

On Tue, Jun 7, 2022 at 8:55 AM Livingood, Jason
<Jason_Livingood at comcast.com> wrote:

> > I think peak demand should be flattening in the past year? There's
>     only so much 4k video to consume, so many big games to download?
>
> I doubt it - demand continues to grow at a pretty normal year-over-year rate and has been doing so for 25+ years. I don't see that sort of trajectory changing.

Dennard scaling ended in 2006. The US birthrate is negative. Wage
growth is illusory. There are only 16 hours in a day where content can
be consumed, and time on the internet is at an all time high.

--
FQ World Domination pending: https://blog.cerowrt.org/post/state_of_fq_codel/
Dave Täht CEO, TekLibre, LLC