Comcast: "Reloading Statics" today

Aaron de Bruyn aaron at heyaaron.com
Wed Jun 1 19:12:25 UTC 2022

Just a heads-up for the Comcast crew lurking here...

I've had 3 different cable connections (Oregon and Washington State) go
down in the last ~1.5 hours.
Staff on-site have tried rebooting the modem with no success.
When we call support, they say something along the lines of "huh, that's
odd...your modem is online, but the statics aren't loaded".
They then proceed to reload the statics and everything comes back up.

The third time I commented to the support rep that this was my third call
today and she replied that she had taken "several" calls about the same
issue from other customers.

Not sure if there's a new firmware update going our or what, but the issue
appears to be on the Comcast end.

-A