Akamai Peering

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Tue Jul 26 14:10:26 UTC 2022

	I'll provide a bit more detail - We have certainly been
standardizing on 100G for a number of years now and have a decreasing
number of devices where 10G is appropriate.

	for public peering we certainly do have an open peering policy,
if you are encountering an issue please reach out and I can identify
what the root cause is.  If you have a ticket number, etc.. that can
help as well.  I don't personally monitor the ticket queue.

	For private interconnect, 100G is the port speed for most of the
americas, some markets may vary.

	For public peering, so much depends on the IX/IXP.  EdgeconneX
in Denver does not have access to the Denver IX and we are working to
extend there.  There's at least 4 different sites in Denver for
interconnection, and it's impractical to be in them all.

	Some more details would be helpful (in private) so we can move
the traffic to a direct path.

	If you have a 10G port and want to swap it to a 100G port, we
should have that conversation.

	- Jared

Jared Mauch  | pgp key available via finger from jared at puck.nether.net