FCC proposes fines against 73 applicants of Rural Digital Opportunity Fund

Chris Adams cma at cmadams.net
Fri Jul 22 23:41:08 UTC 2022

Once upon a time, William Herrin <bill at herrin.us> said:
> The overwhelming majority of the penalties were in the 4 and low 5
> figures -- pocket change for a network business. The exceptions were:

Some of these companies are very small rural outfits, where a 5 figure
fine isn't exactly pocket change.

I wonder how the supply chain issues are affecting this.  I know a rural
electric company that had a (just before pre-RDOF) grant for setting up
Internet that couldn't get the routers they'd ordered and paid for; they
were back-ordered for months.  They had to scramble and get loaners out
of a reseller's demo pool to meet their grant timeline requirements.

--
Chris Adams <cma at cmadams.net>