Papers/analysis on network equipment pricing since pandemic/banning foreign competition

Forrest Christian (List Account) lists at packetflux.com
Sat Jul 16 23:16:39 UTC 2022

The underlying problem is silicon Fab capacity.   It has nothing to do with
the actual manufacturing of the products once all the components arrive.
 If you don't have components for your product, a new order for components
will take a year to arrive just because the factories that turn raw silicon
wafers into computer chips are backlogged 12 to 18 months.

Note that all of the existing factories are running around the clock, and
although additional facilities are being built it takes time for them to be
completed.   I'm also assuming that there has been some question about
whether this is short term or long term demand which would influence
whether you spend a billion dollars or more building a new fab.