Tool for virtual networks

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Fri Jul 15 18:54:50 UTC 2022

On 7/15/22 11:18 AM, Saku Ytti wrote:
> May I request information substantiating the risk.

Have you ever walked away from your terminal without locking it?  Or
seen anyone else do it?

Unless you are within Sudo's grace period (defaults to five minutes) the
person at your keyboard won't be able to authenticate to sudo as you if
they have to enter your password.

There are also concerns of changing effective users on systems to one
that has the NOPASSWD: option, thereby enabling the original user to do
what the new user could do without authenticating as the new user.

> As far as I see, infosec is largely horoscopes for IT people.

I don't believe avoiding NOPASSWD: is just a horoscope.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die