Tool for virtual networks

J. Hellenthal jhellenthal at dataix.net
Fri Jul 15 14:25:40 UTC 2022

For a quick cursory overview of this project, I would urge you to add an adendum or change the following line in the installation documentation...

"%sudo   ALL=(ALL:ALL) NOPASSWD: ALL"

This is technically influencing bad behavior with sudo for those that are not aware of the security impacts of such decisions.

I'm not one to provide a negative remark usually without suggesting a result that provides a positive impact that can be built upon. So with that said and along the lines of that id suggest adjusting the documentation to contain something of the sorts of a guided only per user or separate group other than "%sudo"... maybe "%cougarnet" and add instructions for creating the group and adding users to that group.

Beyond that... nice project and thank you for your contribution to networking. This may be beyond the scope of just this one mailing list and wish you the best.

Regards,

--

J. Hellenthal

The fact that there's a highway to Hell but only a stairway to Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic volume.