What's going on with AS147028?

August Yang ayang at august.tw
Tue Jul 12 20:15:10 UTC 2022

Indeed the network feeds some of the major route collectors.

One known cause is LL-IX <https://ll-ix.com/en/services> which operates in a topology that partially transits routes from physical exchanges to its participants and strips their ASN in path.
> Possibility to peer with a large number of AMS-IX (Netherlands, Haarlem), DE-CIX (Germany, Frankfurt), MSK-IX (Russia, Moscow), SIX (USA, Seattle) and PLIX (Poland, Warsaw) participants

The network operator might have intentionally or unintentionally forgot to prepend his own ASN before exporting to the collectors. Chances are misconfigured route reflector or the eager of more visible peers on those toolkits.

The issue is widely observed on a number of hobby networks.

Best regards
August Yang