Rogers Outage Canada

Andrey Kostin ankost at podolsk.ru
Mon Jul 11 15:58:21 UTC 2022

It's hard to believe that a same time maintenance affecting so many
devices in the core network could be approved. Core networks are build
with redundancy, so that failures can't completely destroy the whole
network. If it would be just "particular devices" they could be isolated
much faster. In this case the outage was so huge that it affected mostly
all network gear, maybe all devices from one vendor. And even after most
of the services restored we still observed partial connectivity in some
areas that means the impact was mush deeper, in some places down to
access layer.

Kind regards,
Andrey