FCC BDC engineer?

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Tue Jul 5 18:09:30 UTC 2022

Yeah the big thing I’ve seen is that companies have historically over claimed on their 477 reports in weird and interesting ways.  I understand why and how it happens, for example, if we do a HH meet for service at location X in census tract 2020-01 and I have a 2 mile loop to location Y in census tract 2020-02, what is the service address? When there’s a new service, how does it get re-geocoded?  Did you get all the exceptions handled properly?

The new BDC rules are also a bit odd compared to the 477 ones, which if at an address I sold 2 services, I might have 2 locations but BDC says it’s 1 even if duplex.

Things just get a bit sticky around this is all when it comes to this.  I appreciate better accuracy as Comcast still claims to offer service at my home which isn’t true.  So do a few other providers as well which is inaccurate.

I already filed my 477 for 1H22, now to get this BDC done.

- jared