25G SFP28 capable of rate-adaption down to 1G?

Randy Carpenter rcarpen at network1.net
Mon Jan 31 19:02:53 UTC 2022

Are you talking about an SFP28 module that can link at 25Gb, but also 1Gb?

We just put 1Gb SFPs in the SFP28 ports and they work fine. I have not seen a single module that does both, but admittedly, I have not looked too hard, as the 1Gb modules are so cheap.

Or, are you talking about a module that presents as 25Gb to the switch, but 1Gb to the client device?

thanks,
-Randy