VIDEO | "Internet Innovators" w/ Steve Crocker + N84 Agenda + more

Nanog News news at nanog.org
Thu Jan 27 14:29:22 UTC 2022

New Episode of Internet Innovators!*Crocker Reveals a Behind-the-Scenes
Look at Internet History*

Steve Crocker is known as the man who wrote the instructions for the
Internet - in his twenties. But at one time, he was just a young graduate
student trying to solve a set of problems.

"We knew we didn't know all the answers - we were not going to design a
complete system, we were going to design a toolkit,"  Crocker said of the
"informal group" which included life-long friend Vint Cerf and other
now-famous Internet pioneers.

In fact, Crocker said when he was given the "clerical task" of writing down
what they were doing, he had many a sleepless night.

"I was fearful the mere act of writing down what we were thinking about
might trigger a backlash," he continued.

"No one had chartered us, we had no authority. I was afraid it might seem
like we were being presumptuous - like we were insisting that we were in
charge. It caused a number of sleepless nights," he said.

*Watch the full interview NOW on NANOG TV.*

*WATCH NOW
<https://www.nanog.org/news-stories/nanog-tv/internet-innovators/steve-crocker-internet-innovators/>*

*NANOG 84 Agenda is Live *
*Save the date! *

Coordinate your calendars now, so you are sure not to miss out on any of
the incredible upcoming talks and social hours offered virtually +
in-person!

Program Agenda is listed in CST, but you can adjust the time zone setting
to your location. Click on any talk title to view the full abstract and
speaker info.

*VIEW AGENDA  <https://www.nanog.org/events/nanog-84/nanog-84-agenda/>*

*Get Ready for NANOG 84 Virtual Expo *
Visit virtual booths throughout the conference to learn about the latest
technologies, have a chance to win fun raffles. Meet + network with reps.

Doors will open prior to our upcoming NANOG 84 meeting. Stay tuned for
further details.