What do you think about the "cloudification" of mobile?

Tom Beecher beecher at beecher.cc
Thu Jan 27 14:17:30 UTC 2022

> I do disagree, if I understood the argument right. If the argument is
> 'cloud makes no business sense to anyone'.

That wasn't the argument I intended to make, but I see how it could have
been interpreted that way.

There are absolutely a ton of use cases where cloud usage makes absolute
sense, from both business and technical perspectives. I do not agree that
'nobody should be using cloud providers'. There is a place for its use, and
it can be very beneficial when used strategically and thoughtfully.
However, as we see every time a major cloud provider has an outage, lots of
people don't use it strategically or thoughtfully, and that's really my
point.

Randy said it most succinctly I think. Cloud providers don't reduce your
risk, they just have different risks to consider.