What do you think about the "cloudification" of mobile?

Mark Tinka mark at tinka.africa
Thu Jan 27 07:31:31 UTC 2022

On 1/26/22 21:38, Michael Thomas wrote:

> I think for the vast majority of cloud users they'd do a way worse job
> at uptime than the providers.

Indeed... I mean, we've seen it with the migration of on-premise
infrastructure into the cloud, en masse, for a number of "corporate"
services.

> Whether that applies to some telcos, I'm not sure.

Classic MNO's will not be looking to move their infrastructure into
content. Well, at least not initially.

If the business case is compelling enough because it provides new
competitors an operational advantage that engenders patronage from
customers, they would be forced to consider it, I imagine.

Mark.