Operator survey: Incrementally deployable secure Internet routing

Adrian Perrig perrig at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 14:47:12 UTC 2022

Hi Laura

> With the greatest of respect I'm afraid this kind of exemplifies the sort
of dream-ware that can only be thought up in the cozy confines of a
university campus.

Indeed, that's the origin of many innovations -- and some of them do make
it into the real world.

> So the chances of something more drastic like your proposal ever seeing
the light of day beyond some university labs?

We already have a working prototype system. It's quite exciting to see how
the existing SCION backbone can be used to provide immediate benefits for
traditional IP end hosts.

> Sorry to rain on your parade guys!

No problem, thank you for your honest feedback! It is very important to
gather these opinions / viewpoints.

All the best
  Adrian