What do you think about the "cloudification" of mobile?

Mark Tinka mark at tinka.africa
Tue Jan 25 13:22:01 UTC 2022

On 1/25/22 14:33, sronan at ronan-online.com wrote:

> It’s the frequency and the knowledge to configure the software and equipment that is still prohibitively expensive in many cases.

And I think this is where the AWS solution would be able to come into
its own, just like they did with enterprise compute.

If they can abstract all of that and price it reasonably, the barrier to
entry is significantly lowered.

> And frankly, if you are only providing fixed access to 500 users, I’m not sure even the AWS solution is necessary. Because if you can configure the transport and the software you can probably run a handful of KVM servers.

Well, considering that this service is built both for private and public
5G use-cases, I imagine the product is elastic enough to support
whichever business model a non-traditional operator may want fulfilled.

For AWS, the infrastructure is already there. Whether you are looking to
service 500 or 500,000 customers, it'd all be an extension for them.

Mark.