Coverage of the .to internet outage

Eric Kuhnke eric.kuhnke at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 18:18:34 UTC 2022

If you're a small pacific island nation state with a limited budget, and a
working submarine cable, maintaining a SCPC geostationary satellite service
that might be $20,000 a month (on 36-60 month term) in transponder kHz may
seem like a very large ongoing expense.

Ideally it would be possible to keep a backup circuit operating in a very
narrow section of kHz during normal times. Along with the contractual
ability to significantly expand it on demand, but more capacity on the same
satellite/same polarity without physical reconfiguration of the remote end
earth station may not always be possible.