What do you think about this airline vs 5G brouhaha?

Scott McGrath smcgrath at starry.com
Thu Jan 20 03:34:25 UTC 2022

Um the Lightsquared monster is back stronger than ever however it has a new
name Ligado Networks

Yes we now have something which everyone agrees will hose every civillian
GPS receiver out there.   But hey thats the user’s problem.

I’m glad i know how to use a sextant….   Perhaps someone will come up with
a low priced INS.   The 747 was the last airliner which used a INS.    Of
course a improperly initialized INS was responsible for the Korean Air
shoot down incident….

Of course this will also hose our NTP servers and 802.11ad/ay networks and
any other network kit that uses GPS.