What do you think about this airline vs 5G brouhaha?

Tom Beecher beecher at beecher.cc
Wed Jan 19 16:13:05 UTC 2022

Altimeter Band : 4.2Ghz - 4.4Ghz

VZ and AT&T agreed (long ago) to reduce power and stay inside 3.7Ghz -
3.98Ghz once the full deployment was done, staying 200MHz away from
altimeters.

In Japan, they have been running 5G for over a year now up to 4,1Ghz, and
restarting again at 4.5Ghz. Only 100MHz of guard on either side of the
altimeter band. I think EU is close-ish, but not totally sure.

I can't find a single report or study that has shown radio altimeter
issuers in Japan since 5G was turned on there.

Aside from a single study which a LOT of smart people have called out flaws
in, there isn't much out there that proves there WILL be interference with
altimeters, just a lot of FUD that says it MIGHT. I dunno what the angle
is, but this has turned into a shitshow.