What do you think about this airline vs 5G brouhaha?

Masataka Ohta mohta at necom830.hpcl.titech.ac.jp
Wed Jan 19 05:20:51 UTC 2022

Jay Hennigan wrote:

> Radar receivers are typically some form of direct conversion with
> rather good selectivity, synchronized to the frequency of the
> transmitted pulse.

No. Direct conversion stage has no inherent frequency
selectivity and is subject to saturation by noise of
any frequency unless the noise is removed in advance.

Selectivity can be enjoyed only after successful
unsaturated conversion, direct or to IF.

But, the solution is to put an LC band pass/stop filter
between an antenna and a receiver, though I have no
idea on the difficulty to obtain FAA/FCC approval to
do so.

					Masataka Ohta