What do you think about this airline vs 5G brouhaha?

Mel Beckman mel at beckman.org
Tue Jan 18 21:57:52 UTC 2022

Brandon,

Bo, it’s the radar altimeter, not the barometric altimeter. This is a radar distance measurement device for determine the precise height above the ground,  critical for low-visibility approaches.

Where frequency interference is concerned, under FCC rules the existing users have priority, and are entitled to interference-free operation.

-mel via cell