home router battery backup

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Mon Jan 17 21:45:32 UTC 2022

On 1/17/22 2:24 PM, Aaron C. de Bruyn via NANOG wrote:
> My "small" (< ~5,000 customers) ISP won't uncheck that box for me no
> matter how much I beg, plead, or offer to bring them snacks for their
> office.

Chuckle.

> They keep mumbling stuff about FCC requirements which I suspect is just
> handwaving.  Oh well...it's on a generator-protected outlet now.

I've been known to find a crack in such armor when I start asking for
information on the regulation so that I can read up on it and learn ~>
understand it.  If it's real, they can usually get it to me in a week or
so.  If it's fake, I get crickets until I push and escalate for the
information, at which point I find out "it's company policy".

Policy can be a double edge sword, especially when you find an example
of them violating their own policy.  }:-)

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die