enom giving Google a bad name

Rubens Kuhl rubensk at gmail.com
Sun Jan 16 17:57:02 UTC 2022

On Sun, Jan 16, 2022 at 2:38 PM Hank Nussbacher <hank at interall.co.il> wrote:

> Many of you might be following the enom weekend fiasco:
>
> https://twitter.com/enomsupport/status/1482621466151571456
>
> https://twitter.com/enomsupport/status/1482707275529678849
>
> https://enomstatus.com/
>
> Thousands of domains have been knocked out.

Because they used URL redirection services, right ? Domains under
management are unlikely to be affected unless the registrant needs a
domain update.

> But I just found out that Google is an enom reseller:
>
> https://help.enom.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005222367-My-Domain-was-registered-through-G-Suite-Google-Apps
>
> "Google handles all of the billing and renewals of your domain name,
> while Enom offers technical support to manage your domain."
>

> So who takes responsibility when a fiasco happens like this: Google or Enom?

I would imagine Google only uses Enom for TLDs that they don't carry
thru Google Domains, their own registrar.
And Google would also use its own URL redirection services, not Enom's.

Rubens