SRv6 Capable NOS and Devices

Jeff Tantsura jefftant.ietf at gmail.com
Sun Jan 16 00:23:35 UTC 2022

+1 Mark

There’s no modern silicon that doesn’t support MPLS (and is capable of imposing at least 3 labels). There’s 0 additional price for vendors to enable MPLS on their devices. The rest is subject to vendors’ licensing and is completely artificial.
SR-MPLS uses MPLS data-plane and requires no changes to silicon, since head-end might be required to push more labels (TE, BSIDs, services)one needs to pay attention -  (RFC8491/8476) allow signaling of MSD (maximum SID depth) if centralized controller/PCE is used for path computation.
LDP after all the years of bug fixing is still a crappy protocol, moving to SR-MPLS makes all the sense.

Cheers,
Jeff