SRv6 Capable NOS and Devices -> MPLS instead?

Raymond Burkholder ray at oneunified.net
Sat Jan 15 19:16:10 UTC 2022

On 1/15/22 10:22 AM, Colton Conor wrote:
> True, but in general MPLS is more costly. It's available on limited
> devices, from limited vendors. Infact, many of these vendors, like
> Extreme, charge you if you want to enable MPLS features on a box.
And in this discussion group, when MPLS is mentioned, does that include
VPLS?  Or do operators simply use MPLS and manually bang up the various
required point-to-point links?  Or is there a better way to do this?

For example, Free Range Routing can do do MPLS, but I don't think it has
a construct for VPLS (joining more than two sites together).