"Hackathon" Solves Real-World Tech Issue + Committee Nominations + More

Nanog News news at nanog.org
Thu Jan 13 18:08:11 UTC 2022

*“Hackathon” Solves Real-World Tech Issue*
Code Developed during NANOG Hackathon Goes Live

Hackathons are an essential part of NANOG conferences. They are designed as
a “fail forward” space where mistakes can be made as learning, having fun +
building community is the prime objective.

And sometimes this perfect cocktail of sophisticated fun leads to solving
real-world technical issues.

The work done at the NANOG 83 Hackathon improved the PeeringDB Simple
Search and resolved a vital search issue. Thus, allowing PeeringDB (a
freely available, user-maintained, database of networks, and a go-to
location for interconnection data) to provide more relevant search results
for the end-user.

The developed code during the Hackathon,  officially went live early
Wednesday morning (Jan. 12).

NANOG had the opportunity to catch up with PeeringDB product manager Leo
Vegoda to learn more.

*READ MORE
<https://www.nanog.org/stories/hackathon-solves-real-world-tech-issue/>*

*Now Accepting Committee Nominations*

The 2022 Committee Nominations are now open and run through Tuesday, Feb.
15, 2022. Reminder, only NANOG members in good standing are allowed to
serve on a NANOG committee. We are currently seeking volunteers for the
 Program Committee.

**If you are not a member and wish to participate in the nomination
process, your membership must be received by 9:00 p.m. PST on Tuesday, Feb.
15, 2022.**

Click here to review the nomination process and volunteer for a committee!

*COMMITTEE NOMINATIONS
<https://www.nanog.org/members/elections/committee-nomination-process/>*

*NANOG 84 Sponsorships Still Available *

NANOG is, and always has been, dedicated to the people who make up our
community. Our in-person conferences draw up to 1,500 individuals in
multiple facets of network engineering, operations, and architecture, who
gather with us in major cities across North America.

As a sponsor of NANOG, you’ll help us in our mission to continue
cultivating and strengthening our community of networking professionals.

*SPONSORSHIP NOMINATIONS
<https://www.nanog.org/events/sponsorship/sponsorship-opportunities/>*