home router battery backup

Shawn L shawnl at up.net
Wed Jan 12 18:54:39 UTC 2022

In $dayjob I work for a telco that deploys fiber to the home.  If we are providing voice services over fiber a battery backup is installed (we maintain) that powers the customer's phone in the event of a power outage.  It does not power their router, etc.  99% of the customers do not install a UPS for their router, etc.  We try to explain that to customers, but we still get calls that they can't get on the Internet when their power is out.