SRv6 Capable NOS and Devices

Adam Thompson athompson at merlin.mb.ca
Tue Jan 11 21:57:10 UTC 2022

My question is, why do you think you need Segment Routing at all?  Is your network so enormously large and/or complex that IS-IS (and/or MPLS-TE) isn't capable of handling it?
So far, SR looks like a solution in search of a problem, at least to me.
I'm not saying you don't have a need for it, but I am questioning whether you do, or whether you're just being sucked in by all the latest sizzle (i.e. sales & marketing materials).  (After all, that's what the sizzle is *designed* to do!)
-Adam

Adam Thompson
Consultant, Infrastructure Services
MERLIN
100 - 135 Innovation Drive
Winnipeg, MB, R3T 6A8
(204) 977-6824 or 1-800-430-6404 (MB only)
athompson at merlin.mb.ca
www.merlin.mb.ca