SRv6 Capable NOS and Devices

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Tue Jan 11 17:20:55 UTC 2022

On Tue, 11 Jan 2022 at 17:20, Colton Conor <colton.conor at gmail.com> wrote:

> My understanding is that because it's using IPv6 in the dataplane, not
> all devices have to have SRv6 enabled. The in-between core devices
> just have to support IPv6, but not necessarily support SRv6. This is
> much different than traditional MPLS networks today where all devices
> have to support MPLS/LDP correct?

And you have this use-case? And you can't use MPLSoUDP?

SRv6 is pure snake oil, an easy marketing story to people with limited
knowledge. 'It is just IP bro, you already know it'. I'd like to to
continue 'like already widely used X', but I don't dare, considering
it's so established despite its obvious benefits only existing in
marketability.

--
  ++ytti