SRv6 Capable NOS and Devices

Colton Conor colton.conor at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 15:16:49 UTC 2022

I know the SRv6 is a fairly new technology. I am wondering which
vendors and network operating systems fully support SRv6 today? Has
anyone deployed this new technology?

If building a greenfield regional ISP network, would SRv6 be a requirement?

My understanding is that because it's using IPv6 in the dataplane, not
all devices have to have SRv6 enabled. The in-between core devices
just have to support IPv6, but not necessarily support SRv6. This is
much different than traditional MPLS networks today where all devices
have to support MPLS/LDP correct?