Cloudflare Abuse Contact

Töma Gavrichenkov ximaera at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 19:35:10 UTC 2022

Peace,

On Fri, Jan 7, 2022 at 8:42 PM Mike Hale <eyeronic.design at gmail.com> wrote:
> The abuse email sends an auto-responder that tells you to use the web form.
> The web form is centered around their web hosting business; I figured
> I'd try general, but you can't submit it without punching in a URL
> that is hosted by Cloudflare (and they validate it ... you can't do
> https://bogus.site).
>
> What I'm seeing is a ton of abusive DNS traffic that's causing some
> issues, and there's no abuse form that works for this scenario.

Most probably, that means that the company doesn't have any counter
abuse process whatsoever for requests like yours, so no matter where
you push that, there won't be any action.

Having said that, the aforementioned form accepts "https[: slash
slash]cloudflare.com" as a valid URL so chances are requests to that
URL are treated in the general sense.

In the meantime, are you sure you'll be able to support your case with
data?  DNS is *mostly* a connection-less protocol, so how do you know
these queries are coming from Cloudflare and not from a spoofed
source?

Lastly, have you tried to block the problematic Cloudflare IP range to
see what would happen?  E.g. does 1.1.1.1 still resolve your domains
then, etc.?

--
Töma