BGP Route Monitoring

Michael Hare michael.hare at wisc.edu
Fri Jan 7 00:25:20 UTC 2022

Re: Adam's advice about IOS/XR SNMP access to VRF, while this experience may be a bit dated [IOS XR 5.x], in production we have used "snmp-server community-map $x context $y".  I will say we weren't pleased, we noticed that context switches didn't work well.  For example if our poller tried to simultaneously poll the global community and the vrf community at the same time, the results were non deterministic.  Maybe this has been improved in later versions, or if you always have a single poller that will always be sequential, you may never see this.

Although more work BMP is probably the better/safer approach.

-Michael