Ukraine help

Markus universe at truemetal.org
Sun Feb 27 20:17:43 UTC 2022

Hi NANOG,

I'm assisting a contractor of the Ukrainian government in helping to
find volunteers (individuals or organizations) in order to protect
Ukrainian IT infrastructure. Please see below for the original wording
(contact details + signature removed but otherwise unchanged).

Right now, Anti-DDoS and telecommunications are the biggest topics. I
contacted Cloudflare (replied, but no action so far) and Link11 (replied
and action ongoing). Who else is large? OVH? Anyone got a contact? Who
else is really skilled, maybe not just for web traffic?

There were discussion groups created on WhatsApp, Signal and Telegram,
managed by the contractor. IT and network experts are being sought for
on a volunteer basis. REMOTE tasks (mostly).

Everyone who's willing to support, individual or organization, please
contact me offlist and I'll invite you to the chat groups (please
mention which messenger you'd like to use).

Original request by the contractor:

"In view of the recent developments and military invasion, we would like
to consolidate an international cyber resilience expert team to support
Ukrainian critical infrastructure, including nuclear powerplants, and
governmental systems. Due to the fact that Chornobyl seized by the
aggressor is already giving some increase in the background, the risks
are imminent and prompt reaction is needed. We need experienced
cybersecurity teams, IT experts, possibly - computation powers, and data
analysis. The contribution shall be on a volunteer basis."

Please feel free to tell your befriended IT, security, network people
about this.

Regards
Markus