ASN in use, but no whois data?

Phineas Walton phin at phineas.io
Fri Feb 25 22:55:56 UTC 2022

The AS customer could've churned from ARIN, freeing the ASN but leaving
*technically* valid IRRs in databases such as RADb (which seems to be where
they originate): https://i.imgur.com/r5xx7Y6.png

..thus allowing them to continue to announce their routes under that ASN as
usual, even though technically it doesn't exist in the ARIN WHOIS.

Phin