LEC copper removal from commercial properties

hak at cooper.edu hak at cooper.edu
Thu Feb 17 03:44:08 UTC 2022

>I believe that should be 19-72A1.
>
>https://docs.fcc.gov/public/attachments/FCC-19-72A1.pdf
>
>Essentially, all services must be transitioned to fiber or wireless by August 2nd, 2022.

I'm reading that document and that's not what it appears to say at all.

This seems to be about discontinuing the artificial price restrictions of
2 and 4 wire dry pair loops that LECs resell to service providers, e.g.
competitive DSL providers.

I don't see anything in this order which would mandate that LECs discontinue
their own DSL or POTS services.  It would be especially ludicrous since in
many parts of many markets, there is no alternative at this time.
Shane