junos config commit question

mike+lists at yourtownonline.com mike+lists at yourtownonline.com
Wed Feb 16 18:54:52 UTC 2022

On 2/16/22 9:56 AM, Owen DeLong via NANOG wrote:
> You can also do:
> config
> <do something stupid>
> commit
> rollback 1
> commit
>
> And still get back to where you were before <do something stupid>

It is exactly this feature of the junos cli, over and above everything
else, that really solidified junos for me as my new preferred platform
over IOS. In my case, a central pain point had been the 'immediate
punishment' of cli commands taking effect, the inability to 'test'
before commit, and the inability to rollback if error. I have made some
fat finger mistakes that required dispatching to hours away locations to
regain administrative control for example, and while rare, these are now
a thing of the past (as long as you are using "commit confirmed").

Mike-