New minimum speed for US broadband connections

Matthew Petach mpetach at netflight.com
Thu Feb 17 00:46:31 UTC 2022

On Wed, Feb 16, 2022 at 1:16 PM Josh Luthman <josh at imaginenetworksllc.com>
wrote:

> I'll once again please ask for specific examples as I continue to see the
> generic "it isn't in some parts of San Jose".

You want a specific example?

Friend of mine asked me to help them get better Internet connectivity a few
weeks ago.

They live here:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Meridian+Woods+Condos/@37.3200394,-121.9792261,17.47z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x808fca909a8f5605:0x399cdd468d99300c!8m2!3d37.3190694!4d-121.9818295

Just off of I-280 in the heart of San Jose.

I dug and dug, and called different companies.
The only service they can get there is the 768K DSL service they already
have with AT&T.

Go ahead.  Try it for yourself.

See what service you can order to those condos.

Heart of Silicon Valley.

Worse connectivity than many rural areas.   :(

Matt