junos config commit question

Nick Suan nsuan at nonexiste.net
Sat Feb 12 00:14:17 UTC 2022

I was actually interested to see if the EX series would let me do this, and it turns out that if STP is enabled on any of the switch interfaces, it won't:

tevruden at core-02# delete interfaces

{master:0}[edit]
tevruden at core-02# commit check
[edit protocols rstp]
  'interface'
    XSTP : Interface ge-0/0/0.0 is not enabled for Ethernet Switching
error: configuration check-out failed
{master:0}[edit]
tevruden at core-02# rollback
load complete