New minimum speed for US broadband connections

Blake Hudson blake at ispn.net
Fri Feb 11 21:30:28 UTC 2022

My mom moves to Olathe, KS. The realtor indicated that ATT, Comcast, and
Google Fiber all provided service to the neighborhood and the HOA
confirmed. Unfortunately for her, Google fiber laid fiber ~3 years
before and her cul-de-sac was developed ~2 years before she moved in. No
Google Fiber, no Comcast, just ATT. Both Comcast and Google Fiber were
within 100 ft of her property and wouldn't serve her. Google has no
plans to serve that cul-de-sac in the future. Comcast did eventually lay
cable. I'm sure her and her neighbors aren't the only people in America
to experience something similar.